CDL Class A Driver
Now offering a $1,000.00 sign on Bonus after your 90 days of employment with us!!!!
UNFI is the leading independent national distributor of natural, organic and specialty foods and related products including nutritional supplements, personal care items and organic produce, in the United States. In addition to excellent distribution services, we provide a range of innovative, value-added services for our customers and suppliers, to foster mutual success and growth. Our services include marketing and promotional tools, merchandising, category management and store support services.
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Checks orders for correct number of boxes, correct addresses, and support documentation.
- Completes time cards, enters trip data into on-board computer and completes paper logs if necessary. Complies with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivers and unloads products utilizing equipment including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars and other devices which assist delivery. Verifies piece count, leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Reports any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department.
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any defects promptly using DCVR form.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes related paperwork.
- Addresses and resolves customer problems as appropriate.
- Attends mandatory drivers meetings, training or administrative sessions as required.
- Maintains the Company’s professional reputation to customers, the public and company employees. Projects professional image by dressing in company provided clothing.
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal
- Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Drivers License, Class A.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of D.O.T. laws and mandates.
- Understanding of UNFI’s safety standards.
- Prefer minimum of one year verified experience operating a tractor trailer.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to speak, read and write English well.
- Safe driving skills, ability to drive large tractor trailers and ability to use forklifts and related delivery equipment.
- Ability to read maps and written directions.
- Ability to pass a post-offer employment physical and drug test and subsequent enrollment in a random pool of drivers for drug and alcohol testing as required by law.
- Strong Interpersonal, communication, organizational and customer service skills.