- 5th Annual Small Works: Artful Treasures Exhibition & Sale Date: Nov. 2, 2013 - Jan 5, 2014 with a Meet the Artists Reception on Sat, Nov. 2, 2013 4 pm – 7 pm Location: Celebrations Gallery & Shoppes, 330 Pomfret St. (RT 169), Pomfret Center, CT 06259 A variety of original artwork all less than 200 square inches and priced under $200 will be available. Glass ornaments, painted and embellished by artists, are an additional offering this year. Thirty local and regional artists will be featured, working in a variety of media and styles including paintings, multimedia, frescos, photography, fiber art, pastels, encaustics, printmaking and framed jewelry pieces. For more information call 860-928-5492 or visit www.celebrationsshoppes.com
- A Victorian Christmas – Experience a candlelit Christmas straight from the 1800s. Classic decorations, favorite songs, and the reading of the Christmas Story are highlights of this new tradition! Date: First Four Sundays in December ~ 7 pm, Sanctuary Location: Westfield Congregational Church – United Church of Christ, 210 Main Street, Danielson, CT 06239 Everyone Everyone Everyone is welcome. For more information visit www.westfielducc.org/christmas or call 860-774-8438
- NCCC – Business after Hours ~ The Citizens National Bank Date: December 4, 2013 5 – 7 pm Location: 182 Main Street, Putnam, CT
- Frosty’s Big Night Out Date: Friday, December 6, 2013 Frosty and Rudolph return to Downtown Danielson! Caroling will begin in Davis Park at 5:15 pm with the Killingly High School Concert Choral. If you would like to join Frosty and Rudolph as they march down the street to the park meet at Commerce Ave., at 5:45 pm. Cocoa and cookies will be served at Davis Park.
- Breakfast with Santa Date: Saturday, December 7, 2013 8:00 am - 11:00 am Location: Killingly Community Center, 185 Broad St., Danielson, CT 06239 Fee: $5.00 per person $20.00 per family up to five Have your photo taken with Santa and join the Broad St. Singers for some caroling. The Danielson Lions will be serving pancakes, sausages, eggs, coffee and juice. Tickets can be pre-purchased at the Community Center two weeks prior. Buy your tickets early!
- NCCC – Annual Dinner and Awards Gala Date: January 17, 2014 Location: Thompson Raceway Restaurant, 205 East Thompson Rd., Thompson, CT 06277
- NCCC – Business after Hours ~ Creamery Brook Retirement Village Date: January 22, 2014 5 – 7 p.m. Location: 36 Vina Lane, Brooklyn, CT 06234
- The QVCC Foundation’s 5th Annual Spelling Bee Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:30 pm Snow date: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 Location: The Putnam Elks, 64 Edmond St., Putnam, CT 06260 Space is limited to 20 teams (4 people per team). Please reserve now! Individual or Corporate Teams of 4 members (participants must be 18 or older) ~ Cheering Sections are encouraged! Dinner and bragging rights are included in hour entry fee. Cash bar – Casual dress is required. For more information contact: Monique C. K. Wolanin at 860-412-7328 or firstname.lastname@example.org