- Celebrations Gallery & Shoppes ~ Artists Talks & Tea Series – Each educational event will be held 1 – 3 pm with an opportunity to chat with the artist. Includes endless pots of tea and a variety of three Celebrations scones. $12.95 (+tax & gratuity — gluten free option $15.95). Reservations requested. Snow date the following day. For additional information please visit www.celebrationsshoppes.com or call 860-928-5492 China Through An Artist’s Eyes, Saturday February 8, 2014 Impact of Impressionism, Saturday March 29, 2014
- Celebrations Gallery & Shoppes ~ Winter Cream Tea Events Sundays, Feb. 2, Feb. 23, March 9, March 23 Endless pots of 2 kinds of freshly brewed specialty teas, assorted hot-out-of-the-oven scones served with Celebrations own lemon curd, Devonshire cream and jam. Available any time between 1 – 4 pm. Reservations not required, but recommended if you are coming with a group. $12.95 per person, plus tax & gratuity (gluten-free $15.95) For additional information please visit: www.celebrationsshoppes.com or call 860-928-5492
- PierceCare ~ Health & Wellness Fair Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1 – 4 p.m. Location: Pierce Memorial Baptist Nursing & Rehab Center, 44 Canterbury Rd., Brooklyn, CT For additional information please call 860-774-9050
- Day Kimball Healthcare Deary Memorial Spring Gala & Auction Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014 6:00 pm Location: The Gold Eagle Restaurant at the Laurel House in Dayville, CT $25 per person. Ticket includes hors d’oeuvres, dancing, live & silent auction. For tickets or more information contact the DKH Development Office at 860-928-7141.
- NCCC – Legislative Breakfast Date: March 21, 2014 7:30 a.m. Location: Quinebaug Valley Community College – UNFI Room, 742 Upper Maple St., Danielson, CT 06239
- 2014 Thompson Business EXPO ~ Sponsored by the Thompson Business Association Date: Friday night, March 21, 2014 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Location: Knights of Columbus Hall, 1017 Riverside Drive (Rte 12), North Grosvenordale, CT $25 per setup for Thompson-based businesses Free Admission for all spectators For information or to register contact: Brian Yacino, 860-923-0485, firstname.lastname@example.org Missy Desrochers, 860-923-7425, email@example.com
- NCCC – Business after Hours ~ Titan Energy NE Date: March 26, 2014 5 - 7 p.m. Location: Grill 37, 37 Putnam Rd., Pomfret, CT 06258
- Tourtellotte “Alumni Career Fair” Date: March 27, 2014 The event will be held in the school gym and will be an expo-type set up. For additional information please contact Rachael LaFleur Johnston at: 860-923-3377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCCC – Leadership Program featuring Teresa Younger, Executive Director of the Permanent Commission on the Status of Women Date: April 9, 2014 12:00 noon Location: TBD
- Save the date for Peter Rabbit!! Date: Saturday, April 12, 2014 9:00 a.m. Location: Water Street Park ( By Foot Bridge in Danielson, CT) Free Event ~ In the event of bad weather event held at Community Center, 185 Broad Street. Call KPRD at 860-779-5390 for more information.
- NCCC – Business after Hours ~ Long Pond Hearth & Home Date: April 23, 2014 5 – 7 pm (Rain date April 24, 2014) Location: 19 South Walnut St., Wauregan, CT
- 3rd Annual DKH Deary Memorial Wine/Beer Tasting Event Date: Thursday, May 1, 2014 6 – 9 p.m. Location: Golden Lamb Buttery, Brooklyn, CT All proceeds to benefit the DKH Deary Memorial Cancer Fund. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 at the door. Entertainment, light hors d’oeuvres and commemorative glass included. For tickets/details please call 860-928-7141.
- Harmonies and Hops Date: Saturday, May 3, 2014 2:00 p.m. Location: Downtown Danielson
- Veterans Job Fair Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10 am – 2 pm Location: Holiday Inn, Norwich, CT If You’re Hiring, Hire a Veteran! Don’t Miss this Event! - Packages start as low as $395 and include an ad in Special Job Fair Tab section, online banner ad, and 2 chairs and covered table at Job Fair. Deadline for reservations is April 25 – For more information or to reserve your space call Cindie Facyson or Jim Coletti at 860-889-3363.
- St. Joseph School FunFest 2014 Date: May 16th – 18th Location: St. Joseph School, North Grosvenordale, CT
- NCCC – Annual Golf Invitational Date: June 11, 2014 11:00 shot-gun Location: Quinnatisset Country Club, 241 County Home Road ( Route 21), Thompson, CT 06277
- Celebrations Gallery & Shoppes ~ Monthly Themed Afternoon Teas Monthly Afternoon Tea Events start at 2 pm $32/person + tax & gratuity Reservations and prepayment required. If inclement weather, event held the following day. Small groups may be seated with other guests. For additional information please visit www.celebrationsshoppes.com or call 860-928-5492. January - Chinese New Year Thurs. 23rd, Sat. 25th February - Steeped in Love Thurs. 13th, Sat 15th March - Celebrating The Last Green Valley Thurs 13th, Sat. 15th (Fundraiser – donating 10% of tea event sales to The Last Green Valley) April - April Fools Thurs. 10th, Sat. 12th May - Butterflies & Blossoms Thurs. 8th, Sat. 10th (Fundraiser – donating 10% of tea event sales to Performing Arts of Northeast CT) June - Milestones & Memories Thurs. 5th, Sat. 7th July – A Midsummer’s Afternoon Tea Thurs. 17th, Sat. 19th August - Summer Camp Thurs. 7th, Sat. 9th September - Safari Tea Adventure Thurs. 18th, Sat. 20th October - Hocus Pocus Thurs. 23rd, Sat. 25th November - Feast of the Tea Goddess Thurs. 13th, Sat. 15th December - Santa Claus is Coming to Tea Thurs. 4th, Sat 6th