Life Skills Instructor- The Arc Eastern Connecticut- North Region
LOCATION: Danielson, Connecticut
RESIDENTIAL GROUP HOME
We have expanded our business and now serve Danielson and the surrounding area.
The Arc Eastern Connecticut is seeking energetic professionals who will interact with people
in meaningful and engaging ways. Applicants must have a passion for supporting equality and
inclusion for all people and enjoy mentoring and assisting people in all areas.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Life Skills Instructors are committed to facilitate, model and build skills that will lead to the
optimal independence of the people we support.
Provide Assistance With:
- Daily activities such as meal preparation and planning
- Personal care
- Facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community
- Providing transportation to recreational and community activities
- Supporting therapeutic and behavioral plans
- Prior experience with working with individuals with developmental and physical disabilities preferred
- Must have ability to mentor and assist individuals in all areas of life skills including recreation, independence,
communication and health
- Valid drivers license required
- High School diploma or GED
- Applicants must possess basic computer aptitude and be able to speak and write English
Employees will be submitted for company sponsored training upon hire. We offer supportive community culture,
company paid training and career advancement opportunities.
Interested applicants should apply online at www.thearcect.org
The Arc Eastern Connecticut is an Equal Opportunity Employer